Sunday, April 12, 2009

VKSP #12: Things I like about Xmas. 2005/12/13

Xmas is fabulous. I like how at Xmas, you can be hungry and full at the same time. Here are some other things I like:

I like Tangerines, and their bastard cousins, like Clementines, Mandarins and Satsumas.

I like the fact that I can get retarded in public in broad daylight with the assistance of Gluhwein.

I like Lebkuchen. I do.

I like the fact that Xmas cheer in Germany basically entails being ever-so-slightly less of an asshole.

I like that with so many Xmas revellers in the streets of Berlin, you don't notice the stacks of drunk and disillusioned punks, with their hungry and badly-behaved pit bulls.

I like the fact that Santa Claus is known as the Xmas Man here.

I like that the German Xmas Man has an evil counterpart, Knecht Ruprecht, who gives kids coal.

I like that the brothel next door to by building has incorporated some Xmas deko into its display.

I like that, if you squint your eyes and clear your mind, Berlin actually looks like a fun, inviting city at Xmastime. Well, almost...

I like that buying ugly shit you'd never want is a Xmas market obligation.

I like mugs shaped like boots.

I like that Berlin's student pomos are leaving the city to be with Mami and Papi on the Rhine for Xmas.

Did I mention that I like Lebkucken? I really do.

And I love the fact that I'll actually be spending Xmas in London with my sweetie and some very good friends, and not in Berlin at all.

OOoh, I just shifted on the bench at the cafe...and recieved a choice Xmas glare from a man wearing a cloche, space-boots and three belts.

I like...

No comments: